Thursday, March 1, 2007

I live in a procrasti-nation

It's ten 'til midnight. The deadline for all the paperwork was midnight. I finished the paperwork minutes ago. On some level, I'm tempted to brag. On another, I want to cry. For the most part, I just want to heave a huge sigh of relief and go to sleep.

Studying abroad is one of the most exciting prospects in my life, and I still managed to neglect its paperwork to the last minute. I guess no matter how excited I am by something, I will not cease to be me. That's comforting, but inconvenient at times.

I didn't neglect all of the paperwork. In fact, I had the majority of the papers done before today. I turned in transcripts, passport photos, and checklists. I had not, however, written the essays.

That's a minor oversight, really... right?

OK, probably not, but that doesn't matter anymore. I've submitted all the paperwork, essays included. I should know their decision soon. Then, I'll start on paperwork for my passport and visa.

I hope the State Department doesn't want any essays.

No comments: